Sunday, April 02, 2006

Canon Pixma MP500

It's time to replace my HP Deskjet printer. Would have liked to buy another HP printer, but considering the cost in terms of consumables (the ink, that is), it would be cost efficient to buy a printer that has individual tanks. Thus, it is a Canon, Epson or Brother for me.



Yesterday, at the BPI Madness in Glorietta, have accumulated a lot of brochures about the printers plus their cost, as I plan to surf the net to see which printer to buy. At CNET, most of the Editor's Choice are products from Canon. Thus, I zoomed in on the Canon printers.

The first thing I did today (today would be the last day of the BPI Madness Sale) is to go to Glorietta and buy myself a Canon Pixma MP500. Now, I can print lots of pictures and CD labels to my heart's content. hehehe!

The Canon Pixma MP500 is an all-in-one printer: it is a printer, a scanner and a copier. It also offers direct printing to a DVD or CD. It doesn't need a computer to do all these as you can directly connect your digital camera (Pictbridge), mount your multi-media card, send the image via infrared or bluetooth. Thus, it does not come with a printer cable!

Aha! And that's when the trouble begins. Since I plan to connect it to my computer, bought a USB printer cable. A 1-meter cable is too short. Thus, have to make do with the 5-meter cable I was able to find.

Setting-up is as easy as A-B-C. I was able to do a test print, copy a document (xerox) and.... scan?! From the PC, it was able to send an instruction to MP500 to start scanning; then, an error prompted in the PC that it was not able to detect the scanner while MP500 just continuously displays "Scanning document". Waaaaahhhhhhh!

Obviously, e-mailed my concern to Canon.

4 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 01:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...that's the problem with these multiple feature printers. its prone to problems. well, hope they get back to you immediately. ;-)

 
At 4/10/2006 09:04:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

parang may nagsabi din sa akin na ganun. so far, wala pa naman akong na-experience na prob... except dun sa cable. ;)

 
At 4/11/2006 07:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...nalimot ko lagay name ko. tsk tsk tsk...nde po yan si tatang ha. ;-)

 
At 4/12/2006 06:48:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

hehehe! parang si tatang na rin.. paano, makakalimutan. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home