Saturday, April 25, 2009

Aliwan Festival 2009

Decided to walk my Canon EOS 5D Mark II through its paces. Used my Canon EOS 70-200 f/4L IS with it. Also brought along my Canon G10 for my wide shots (so as not to change lenses).









My goodness! I was ecstatic. The quality and the color of the image did not disappoint. A very, very big improvement from by Canon EOS 350D.

The parade for the Aliwan Festival was supposed to start at 4PM, but was there around 12:30PM. This is so I can take images while the participants are preparing for the parade and doing their practice moves.


Since I am not able to squeeze in the photographers' area near the judges, decided to go home. Passed by the stalls where each of the participating regions display and sell their wares.

Stopped by KFC to eat, passed through Harrison Plaza on the way home. Good decision. As soon as I am already in the jeepney, it rained.



Funny thing, somebody thought I was a professional photographer. It's either because of my gear, my attire or the way I carry myself. LOL

It can't possibly be my attire because I am a wearing a light red
batik style shirt, hat, red Crocs sandals and maong capri pants.

For the gear, hobbyist are noted for having expensive gear.

Therefore, it must be how I carry myself! ROLF

Oh! Received an SMS from Tilak. He was waiting to board his plane. Should have delayed one day for he would surely enjoy the Aliwan Festival.

2 Comments:

At 4/27/2009 12:44:00 PM, Anonymous Reg said...

Hi Gin, is this the same Aliwan festival that we attended before I left the Philippines? Parang mas maganda yata ngayon kesa nun nandyan pa ko. Or it is because of your new cam/lense?:) REG

 
At 4/28/2009 02:03:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

Hi, Reg!

Yes, it's the same. Must be my new camera kaya napaka-vivid ng pictures kaya maganda ang dating.

Kasi yung attend natin before, dun na mismo sa parade. Yung mga shots ko dyan, habang nagwe-wait yung mga participants for the parade to start. Kaya napapa-pose ko pa sila. c",)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home