Sunday, March 06, 2011

Framed Shots: Tikim, Takam, Tsalap

It is our camera club's monthly meeting. This month's photo theme is "Tikim, Takam, Tsalap" (food photography). We would be having Filipino dishes as our subject.

One of the judges profusely commented on one of my entries which got 12th place. He said it was done creatively, made use of lights effectively, simple and provided texture for the background. Actually, my winning entry I consider my pasaway entry. Hehehe!

We also have a guest who shared tips and techniques on Adobe Photoshop. His workflow is:
a) Crop
b) Clean
c) Tonal correction
d) Color correction
e) Manipulation
f) Sharpen
g) Convert to CMYK (if for print)

Adjust curves for tonal range. Use levels, bow curve to lighten or darken, S-curve for contrast.

On my way home, something happened that had tears flowing in my eye. An ant went inside my left eye. Tried everything from running water, but still was not able to remove it. Thus, went to the emergency room of Makati Medical Center to have it looked after.

The doctor was able to remove the ant, checked if there were abrasions (which there is), and told me to take two (2) drops three (3) times a day of Tobrex eye drops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home