Saturday, August 24, 2019

Burial

It is Tita Leony's burial.  Even with heavy rain, will pay my last respects.  With me is Lyn, Edgar's son Luis and Edgar the driver.  After the mass at Veronica Funeral Parlor, we would be proceeding to Sgt. Mariano Cemetery.

Was wondering why it was taking so long for the priest to arrive.  I asked Edgar to go to Sta. Clara Parish Church to check.  The priest was waiting for a long time for someone to pick him up!  Also, learned later, no one from Tita Leony's relatives informed the staff of the funeral parlor that the burial is today!  Good thing there was still a hearse available since there are usually a lot of burial scheduled on Saturdays.

When the funeral procession convoy arrived at the cemetery, there was an ankle high water.  Sorry but I don't have my flood boots on and I am afraid to catch leptospirosis--and I don't want those with me to get them, too.

For pagpag, we ate at the food court of The Landmark.  After, they left me there for my usual Saturday mall stroll.

Attended the anticipated Mass at Mary Mother of Hope Chapel in The Landmark, supper at Phobac, bought groceries before proceeding home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home