Monday, May 03, 2021

Once Upon A Time In China

 Decided to watch movies in Netflix (instead of my usual series).  As I was going through the list, was I glad when I saw that the Once Upon A Time In China film series is available!  My Nanay and I watched these movies by renting Betamax tapes.  (Note:  Betamax, not VHS.  Hehehe!)

Promotional poster

Set in the 19th century, the film series is about Wong Fei-hung (Jet Li), a Chinese martial arts master and folk hero of Cantonese ethnicity.  Action, comedy and a little romance.

#Like #ThumbsUp 👍

My second film is The Mirror Has Two Faces starring Barbra Streisand (who is also the movie's producer and director) and Jeff Bridges.  I was really hoping that the movie Yentl is available.

Theatrical release poster

Rose Morgan and Gregory Larkin, both Columbia University professors, meet when Rose's sister answers Gregory's "personal" ad.  Gregory believes that sex has ruined his life so he deliberately set out to find and marry a woman with absolutely no sex appeal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home