Saturday, September 10, 2005

Region 6 Video Shoot

It should have been a The Brothers Grimm movie for me. But my niece has other plans... Instead of watching a video (movie), I would be doing a video!


They were supposed to submit a video about Region 6--the celebration, products, landmarks, views, etc. Thus, I was appointed cameraman and video editor, my niece is the director and scriptwriter, and four of her classmates are her talents.

Originally, it was planned that the shoot would be done at our house, but my brother (my niece's dad) suggested that we do a location shooting at the CCP Complex. So, off we go to our location, with his van and his driver, Manong.

I half-expected that our shoot would just take a few minutes as the script would only entail a few lines, introducing the different places in Region 6, like Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Iloilo, Guimaras, Negros Occidental. I should have known! They have not yet memorized their lines, and those not in the scene are making funny gestures, distracting the "actors". The 10-minute video took 2 hours to shoot!

(While the kids are memorizing their very short lines, walked around and took pictures for my collection.)

After the video shoot, took the kids for a bicycle ride. Then, passed first McDonald's for a snack before proceeding home. Our last scene is supposed to take place at home. So took the last scene and it took a lot of takes!!! Hayyy...

The rest of the night, downloaded pictures from the internet regarding the places in Region 6, made compilation videos of them, edited the video and burn the final result to a VCD. Of course, the bloopers were included at the end of the video! c",)



My niece presented her video project to her class. Her classmates and her teacher were impressed! Big points for her and her teammates. Obviously, what the class enjoyed more were the bloopers... LOL. (12Sep2005)

2 Comments:

At 9/11/2005 10:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maigi na lang laging available si tita to do the pics,and video,pano na lang kung me date na si tita?hehehehe,nice pics po,

 
At 9/11/2005 10:44:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

hehehe! eh, di na-cancel po. di ba nga, hilig ni bunsoy niece magplano ng lakad? c",)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home