Saturday, February 11, 2006

Holy Gourd

My movie-day was put on hold. Decided to go to The Podium to pick up an item. Don't know how to go there, so I asked my officemate yesterday how.

With instructions safely memorized, took the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) and dropped off at the Ortigas station. Going through the side of SM Megamall, asked the first guard I saw how to get to The Podium (hehehe). He just pointed at a building with big posters displayed. Looking at it, I can't see an entrance to the said building. So walked again and found another guard who is more helpful. He said that I should enter the St. Francis Square, which will lead me to the next building, which is the Podium.

The St. Francis Square is like a tiangge where stalls upon stalls are placed showing different wares. I can spend hours to look at the knick-knacks. But first, followed the sign showing the way to The Podium.

The Podium is totally different from St. Francis Square. The shops cater to the elite. You can hear piano playing as its customers leisurely do their shopping.

After picking up the item, went back to St. Francis Square and did my rounds... c",) Then, I saw a stall with feng shui items. The lady behind the counter is rather friendly, and gave some friendly advice. According to her, Snake people are lucky in the Year of the Dog. Money comes easily but I must be careful with my health. (Hey! Health is wealth!) So, she advised me to put a Holy Gourd in the west or the south side of my bedroom. Or, I can put it in the south east side of the house.

Surfing the internet, a site (www.dragon-gate.com) says that "In ancient times, gourds or wu lou were hollowed out and used as water containers. The precious water saved many exhausted travelers’ lives. Hence people term the wu lou as the ‘gourd of life’. A representation of the gourd is believed to bring good health and longevity."

With my Holy Gourd in tow, went back to Glorietta with enough time to spare before the anticipated Mass. At the Glorietta Activity Center, the Photoworld Manila 2006 is being held. Feast my eyes on some of the camera accessories that (ohh) I wish I have. But a Manfrotto tripod, even a Manfrotto monopod, worth P4,000+ is too much. Oh well...

After the anticipated Mass, had dinner at Phobac.

3 Comments:

At 2/25/2006 10:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

malayo na nararating mo kakagala tita,,,,dapat ask mo na lang si selma about the place mas magala yun eh,,,,,

 
At 2/26/2006 02:04:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

ha?! ibig mong sabihin, kasing laki ng piso ang nunal ni selma sa talampakan?!

 
At 2/27/2006 10:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry long time no comment. as usual daming work. and my sideline during weekends is really keeping my sched full. wala na time to go online. even my blog bihira na ako makapagpost. :-(

loko kayo ha...wala po akong nunal sa talampakan. diba ikaw friendship meron? :P alam ko lang pumunta sa podium kse territoryo ko yan. hehehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home