Saturday, March 07, 2009

A Chili's Exhibit

Today's the day. We would be exhibiting our image that we took during the "A Closer Look At Nature: An Introduction To Close-Up Photography" under the Tilak Hettige. We would be joining the exhibit of Tilak's other class.

Unlike them, they came prepared--we didn't. Hehehe!


I have no idea how we would be displaying our images, thus, I did not come prepared.

We were only three of the nine students of Tilak's class who were there. Because of the many workshops I attended at the Philippine Center for Creative Imaging (PCCI), I have already befriended the staff there. Thus, I requested their help to set-up our exhibit.

We have to buy hooks and nylon cords right there and then. Have to come up with the titles for the images. Luckily, I bought my netbook that I was able to layout the titles. Left the place and went to Waltermart to have it printed, have lunch and go back to PCCI.

When I arrived, the images were already hanging. Cut-out the titles and placed them on the frames. Then, placed tape at the back to steady the frames/display.

The rest has already left to eat lunch and change. I did not bring clothes to change into. Thus, while the rest of the exhibitors are nicely dressed, I am in casual clothes. My excuse? I look like an "artist" with my very colorful shirt, casual pants and Sanuk sandals. Hehehe!

The exhibit was officially opened around 2:30PM.

Guests have an eyeful with all the images on display. After which, we had our cocktails, speeches, etc.


Then, run off to Glorietta to attend the anticipated Mass.

My friend treated us at Chili's for her birthday. We had Classic Nachos, Mesquite Chicken Salad, and Grilled Shrimp Alfredo. Since we have an Ayala Card, we had free dessert! BURP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home