Saturday, October 16, 2010

MassKara: Day 2

Woke up early as we are planning to visit places in Bacolod (or near it) in the morning, at the same time, have a food trip. Our afternoon will be spent on MassKara activities.

First stop is the Tourism office to pick-up our IDs. They told us last night to be back by 9PM to get the IDs. The one who has a key to their office has not yet reported for work. Thus, decided to get back to the Tourism office after our mini-tour.


Went to The Ruins in Talisay. The mansion was built in the 1900s by Don Mariano Ledesma Lacson. The mansion was burnt to prevent the Japanese forces from using it as their headquarters.


Next stop is Balay Negrense. It is a lifestyle museum situated at Silay. The house was originally owned by the family of the wealthy man Victor F. Gaston.


For lunch, we went to Bgy. Balaring in Silay where several restaurants by the sea can be found. They serve fresh seafood at reasonable price. We chose Ken's House. It also happened that the Mayor of Silay decided to have his lunch there.

After lunch, went back to our hotel, dropping the rest of the group and proceeded to the Tourism office. Finally, we were able to get our IDs!!!


Since the street dance competition would start at 4PM and it will be held at the plaza, asked the group if they want to go. Some agreed while the others wanted to rest. I want to go.

We were advised that the plaza is just two blocks from where we are staying; thus, walking distance. I should have known, it was six to eight blocks away!!! Anyway, managed to get a good position in the plaza to do serious photography. Hehehe!

While doing my thing, noticed a man in gray shirt (a.k.a. GrayMan) who does not want anyone blocking his view so he can shoot. No problem with this if he does it courteously. Even asks members of the contingent/ contestants to get out of his line of view.

When I somehow moved behind this man, the more I witness his arrogance. Beside him is a man with red shirt (a.k.a. RedMan) with ABS-CBN sewn on his shirt. And guess what, he (GrayMan) stood up... blocking my view. So, in order to be able to get photos, I manage to put my lens in a space available beside GrayMan. The RedMan signed to me warding me off. WHAT THE HECK?!

Did not take this sitting down. Talked to the girl who I believe is a companion of RedMan for he keeps talking to them. Asked her, "Pwede bang malaman sino yan (tinuturo si GrayMan). Gusto ko lang malaman kung nasa Maynila sya, mas mataas ang posisyon nya sa akin o mas mataas ako." (Translation: May I know who that man is? [pointing to Grayman]. I would just like to know if he is in Manila, he has a higher position [or in good standing] than me or I have a higher position than him.) Saw the girl surprised. And whenever RedMan is looking in my area, I was glaring at him. Right move. For I know my message came across when the space infront of me has become free.

What really irritated me is him acting out he is somebody. More so with his assistant. We are all equal. Whether you are rich or poor, you have to be polite/ courteous. My action of "confronting" and being arrogant is to give them a dose of their own medicine. It worked. Hope they realize not to do again what they did for if they meet someone more than their match, they might have to pick themselves up and dust themselves off.

After we had our fill (even if the competition has not finished), we set back to the Uma Cafe where the rest of the group reserved a table so we can watch the Electric Masskara. Boy, was I hungry! The funny thing is, I thought that they have already eaten dinner as I saw empty plates infront of them, so bought me food in a nearby kiosk. They were actually waiting for us and have not eaten dinner!!! Hehehe!

We were in time when we came back to our meeting place as the Electric MassKara has just started. Unfortunately, it rained. Thus, we have to go back to our hotel. Did some bonding time while the rest of the group had their dinner. c",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home