Saturday, January 08, 2011

Spotlight on Paez

No movies this weekend. Wanted to watch Shake, Rattle and Roll, one of the movies included in the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF). But it is no longer being shown in Glorietta's cinemas. Only two movies in the MMFF are still being shown... one I have already watched (Dalaw) and the other I don't have plans of watching (Tanging Ina Mo). The other (foreign) movies I don't feel like watching.


Thus, shifted my attention to the red shoes. Huh? Felt like being Dorothy (of the Wizard of Oz). Instead of red shiny shoes, I like a red alpargata.

Breaking-in my Paez' Palms shoes, looked for a red TOMS or Paez shoes. Went to Nothing But Water in Glorietta (for TOMS), Planet Sports in Glorietta (for Paez), TOMS in Greenbelt 3, and Rustans (for TOMS and Paez). All no stock for my size... (sad)

TOMS is on a "One for One"--for every pair you buy, one pair of shoes is given to a child in need.

For Paez, it is an Argentina original and manufactured in "no sweatshop" guidelines, ensuring fair labor practices, with minimal impact in the environment.

With no red alpargata, bought the Flor Coral Negra of Paez instead.



Did a good deed. While eating at Food Choices, saw PhP400.00 on the floor near one of the stalls. Left my food for a few seconds and returned the money to its owner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home