Tuesday, December 06, 2011

What Happened?

Thought that it would just be a usual working day for me. Then, two ladies came to my desk and asked if I know any relatives in Metro Manila of a friend. They said he's in the clinic. I could not visit him because I have cough and colds, and I might infect him. Since I don't know any, asked the help of two friends to get the information. These two really know how to investigate. (smile) But I'm getting ahead...

Going back to the office after lunch, received a call from one of them and told me that we should visit him in the clinic. When she explained to me how he was found and brought to the clinic, met up with her and we both went to the clinic. Was I surprised when I saw him. He's have dramatic weight loss... he's so thin. Even if the room is not cold, he was feeling chilly. Spent sometime with him, talking to the doctor in the clinic, arranging ways when he leaves the office's clinic (he can't stay in the clinic beyond 5PM). The doctor cannot get any information from him; thus, we don't know his sickness.

Almost all who visited him, went back to the clinic around 5PM. Our HR already have an idea and they called us for a meeting. The doctor suggested that those who have cough/colds to take antibiotic, those who don't have to take vitamin C. Have a chest x-ray, and do so again after three (3) months. Oh! We also put on alcohol and sprayed Lysol on our clothes and things, to be sure we won't be spreading it.

After office, the one who called me earlier told me to drop by her floor before I go. I thought she just wants to join me when I go to the mall. At the ground floor, it was either Makati Medical Center or Patient's First. Hehehe! Thus, we walked our way to Makati Medical Center and proceeded to the Emergency Room. It is not really an emergency but we managed to have ourselves checked-up by a doctor and a chest x-ray.

Note to myself: Remember to do another chest x-ray in March 2012.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home