Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Blood In Saliva

Yesterday, my (inner) mouth seems sensitive.  And while intending to brush my teeth before going to bed, noticed blood in my saliva.  Was not sure if it was really blood (I was not wearing my glasses that time), just thought that maybe because I just had a frappucino.  Decided to see what happens in the morning.

And in the morning, there really is a streak of blood!  


Now, that got me worried.  Searched the internet of the possible causes of having blood in your sputum even if you are not coughing.  Will go to our company's clinic as soon as I arrive in the office.  Took a picture.

I explained to that doctor what happened, the medicines I am taking even what I am gargling (hydrogen peroxide solution).  She said to stop gargling with the hydrogen peroxide solution (she recommended Orohex-AF instead) and not to take hot drinks/ meal.  She also asked that I take chest x-ray to rule out pulmonary tuberculosis.

After office, went to Makati Medical Center to do the chest x-ray.  Will be able to get the result on the 26th.  That's three days until I get the result.  That's too long!  

Will stop gargling and observe if I still have blood.  Trying to be optimistic, I am no longer seeing blood.  In any case, will be wearing face mask even at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home