Friday, August 05, 2005

Martin Nievera: I Sing For You

Tonight's the night! I know I would be attending a Martin Nievera concert tonight; but, I have no idea where it would be, what time it would start... All I know, I'll be taking an MRT ride right after office. Not hail, nor rain, nor storm will deter me from reaching Megamall! c",)


Was one of the first to arrive at Megamall. Now, I know when the concert will start and where, thanks to the streamers posted near the escalators. Went window-shopping while waiting for my friends. Once complete, we had dinner first at Chef Donatello. I wonder when Chef Raphael and Chef Leonardo will open. Chef 'd (Michael) Angelo was the first to open to the public. Get it? (hehehe!)

As expected of any Martin Nievera concert, his wittiness shines through. His spontaneity and loquacity is something always to look forward to. I really enjoyed the evening as his repertoire mostly consists of songs he made famous. Most especially, his finale number is my favorite: "You Are My Song".

The acoustics are good and the volume is just right. (Some concerts I attended is much to "loud" for my taste.) I consider the volume just right when I can hear the audience sing when the artist encourages them to sing with him/her. This is one gift Martin has a lot of... he can reach his audience. He is keen and observant. Because of it, he is able to get a repartee with his audience.

Unfortunately, there are times you can hear short pounding, vibrating and thumping out of nowhere. There was even a point Martin seems irked as his microphone is creating an odd sound. Oh, well... still enjoyed the concert!



Changes. Looks like we're in for a lot of changes. After having two Board of Directors, the Supreme Court declared the Board of Directors elected by those who walked out during the Stockholders Meeting is the official Board of the company. This was in this morning's newspapers.

Around 11:45am, we received an e-mail saying that the Go family decided to sell their share of stocks.

Around 12:45pm, we received another e-mail saying that a MOA was signed between the Go family and BDO on the purchase of the stocks. Just think, before lunch, we're still EPCI; after lunch, would we still be EPCI or are we BDO?

With changes like these, it is but natural for employees to worry what would become of them. I pray, it would not be rough-sailing ahead...

4 Comments:

At 8/06/2005 10:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dami ng news nawala lang ako ng ilang days,hehehe,uhmm,ano kaya magandang name kasi Go na me are ng EPCI,BEPCI kaya?
talagang di pinalampas si idol nya,hehehehe,thanks sa pic,rac

 
At 8/06/2005 10:58:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

hmmm.. pwede pong Banco de Equitable PCI... o kaya Equitable PCI Banco...? :p

op kors! palalampasin ko lang po concert ni Martin kung si Pops ang kasama nya dun... ;)

 
At 8/10/2005 10:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

inggit akohhh....been a long time since i last saw martin's concert. wala kseng mayaya eh. and korek ka ayoko din kasama nya si pops...sobrang jologs kaya nun. hahaha...

grabe ang gulo naman pala sa office nyo noh. i sure hope everything works smoothly soon. sama sa prayers natin friendship. ;-) for the sake of the employees who depend on that company for a living. ;-)

 
At 8/10/2005 11:00:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

si pops, jologs? may line of cosmetics, jologs? hehehehe!

teynks po. hirap po nyan, nde mo alam sino yung maaalis sa pwesto para iupo nung bagong may-ari...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home