Friday, July 22, 2005

"Spoils of War"

I friend dropped by the office to give my share on the "spoils of war". hehehehe! Actually, it is my prize for winning a bet. Although, the outcome of the bet is not what I hoped for...


Since I have a meeting the whole day (even have a free lunch because the morning meeting extended up to lunch time), my friend simply dropped my "winnings". Hope she bought one for herself so that she'll know why I liked GuyLian... a... lot!

Late in the afternoon, we learned that Monday will be a non-working holiday because the President will deliver her SONA (State Of the Nation Address). Since there is much work to do and with the "surprise" holiday coming, decided to work late just to finish my tasks which I was not able to do because of the meetings.

When I arrived home, that's when I learned that there is a fire near our house, and it has been going on for hours! Have to walk from the foot of the bridge (they are not allowing vehicles to enter the street) to our house. And boy! was it far. Walked like there's a fire on my heels (what a pun!). Hope no one is hurt...



Yesterday, I learned that my niece (from my cousin) will undergo appendectomy that morning. With the fast advancement in medicine, the success rate of appendectomy is high and complications are infrequent. Although, I said a little prayer that the operation will be a success.

It was only last night when I heard what happened in the operation. Although her appendix was removed, the doctor found a mass in her intestines. They took some to check via biopsy if the tumor is benign... and I pray that it is. My cousin and her family need all our prayers.

BTW, my niece is just 16 years old...

3 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 10:45:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

kailangan po. nakakataba ata yung GuyLian... ;)

thanks po. sana nga. siya yung sinasabi naming kamukha ni Britney Spears. lumaki sa States. nung nag-aral dito (coed), pinagkakaguluhan ng guys, may point pa na nag-away...

 
At 7/23/2005 11:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kasi nman makikipusta alam naman matatalo,hehehe,special delivery pa ha,baka nman me dinaanan pang kapit bahay,,rac

 
At 7/23/2005 11:48:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

ganon?! eh, di lugi pala si sel dahil alam kong matatalo sya? :p

wala po siyang kapitbahay ko na pinuntahan niya. "ninang" po siya sa blessing nung bagong office ba yun nung friend nya sa may Herrera...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home