Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmasy Attitude

They say Christmas is for kids. For one, a long Christmas vacation from school. Next, lots of gifts they are expecting from their parents, aunts, uncles, godparents, even Santa Claus. Thus, as one grow older, during this season, there are times the feeling of Christmas is elusive.

But for me, you just have to set your mind to it. In no time, that elusive thing will be within your grasp (and this is not only true for the Christmas feeling but for most of your dreams and aspirations). Thus, my desk is surrounded by things which remind me of the merry season.

Since my workplace is already bedecked with Christmas decors, have to do the same at home. Alas! The Christmas tree we have been using for years (which my mother bought) is gone a-missing. Where would I put the gifts I have for my family and household?!


So, right after office, went shopping for one. Bought a fiber optic Christmas tree with a star and acorns adorning it. This way, I no longer have to buy Christmas lights and I would just be adding a few trimmings.

Usually, the missing Christmas tree takes me hours to set-up. But the one I bought only took me around fifteen to twenty minutes. Yes! And I don't even have to contend with sore fingers. c",)

5 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 11:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice xmas tree. nakakagana tuloy magpunta ng divisoria...kaso ang hirap bitbitin nun mag-isa...grrrr...season's greetings friendship!

 
At 12/15/2005 12:04:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

eh, gamitin mo na lang po yung dati mong christmas tree. sayang naman.. :p

 
At 12/15/2005 01:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

never set up xmas decor kse we never spend xmas at home. lagi sa lagro so what's the point? kaya lang naisip ko i want to create our own tradition with my kids. this time i want to spend xmas in mandaluyong. sana lang walang kumontra sa kabila...hehehe

 
At 12/15/2005 09:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nde po christmas is for business po,kasi daming shoppers,and daming sale,so nde po para sa kids kundi para sa mga me magandang sale or gimik para sa consumer di ba po?anyhow merry christmas na din...rac,nice decor,

 
At 12/15/2005 09:34:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

SEL==>Ganda po gawin mo ngang tradition. At least, your kids will have something to look on to. Kunyari, magkasariling family na sila, punta sila sa iyo for the traditional family gathering. c",)

RAC==>Wala man lang ka-Christmas-Christmas feeling itong isang ito. Syempre, mga businessmen, samantala din nila yung season na ito. Kaya nga dami imbento sila nga "Days"... Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day, etc. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home