Monday, August 18, 2008

I Want To Believe, Wall-E

(Writing this inside the Glorietta 4 using my airborne access...)

Being a non-working holiday and my weekend spent on my hobby, decided to watch movies. But first, as soon as I woke up, did some finishing shots for my final assignment in my photography workshop.

Bought first the movie tickets, ate lunch at Burger King and did some surfing using Burger King's free WiFi.


First stop is Wall-E, an animation from Disney. Love it! Wall-E (Waste Allocation Load Lifter-Earth) is so innocent, curious, sweet and very endearing. His "sweeatheart" is EVE (Extra-terrestrial Vegetation Evaluator) is polished and sophisticated. No matter how different the two robots are, both made a connection. The movie is funny, full of heart, and, as expected from a Disney movie, imparts a lesson. It smacks us, humans, in the face on how wasteful we are and consumerism in our society (with the blaring Buy-N-Large shops/stores). Wall-E will tug ones heart.


Next stop is The X-Files: I Want To Believe. Mulder and Scully is back. After leaving the FBI, they were called-in again to help in the grisly abductions and validate the authenticity of the visions of a psychic, a disgraced Catholic priest. The movie answered questions on what happened to the two when the series ended. Although I am an X-Files fan, I would say that this movie is good enough for the tube, not on the silver screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home