Saturday, June 06, 2009

From Within

My usual weekend activity is to watch a movie. But first, ticked-off the things have to do at the mall--paid my bills, have my pictures printed, bought an umbrella.


I was supposed to watch Drag Me To Hell. But because it was guaranteed seats and when I reached the ticket counter, the movie has started. Thus, decided to watch From Within instead. At least, it has the same genre as the first film I planned to watch.

But this similarity did not end there. The theme is also about a curse. While "Drag Me To Hell" is a curse made by a gypsy woman to a loan officer who did not grant the woman's request to extend her loan, "From Within" is a curse made to the whole town. The curse causes the town's citizens to commit suicide one by one. It doesn't scare. Good concept, but execution is lacking. It's last scenes (the twist), tries to make up for it.

After the movie, attended the anticipated Mass and had dinner at Super Bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home