Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pagpag Ang Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy

My tradition during Christmas day is to bring my "angels" to the mall for a movie marathon.  Previously, we were always at my Lola's house in Baclaran the whole day.

The decision I did today which was right was to already purchase the movie tickets online.  In fact, when I did so, only a few seats were available for the movie and scheduled time we prefer.

We left the house around 10:30 AM, hoping to have lunch at the mall before our movie.  Lo and behold!  The mall opens 12 noon.  This isn't the case last year.  So looked for a restaurant nearby that is open.  Found one that opens at 11 AM.  Actually, I planned that we would be having our dinner there; but  I guess, will have to adjust.  I ordered combination (steamed and roasted) hainanese chicken, honey crispy squid, fried rice and barley juice at Wee Nam Kee.

Some stores in the mall are closed.  I noticed most shops that are open are either restaurants, toy stores, boutique/clothes.

Our first movie is Pagpag: Siyam Na Buhay.  Working on Filipino superstitious beliefs and practices when attending a wake.  The characters break these practices and untoward incidents happen to them... particularly because the deceased and the family of the deceased practices witchcraft.

After our first movie, had our snack of Greenwich lasagna and pizza at Food Choices.

Our second movie is Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy.  The movie rides on the comedy talent of its lead star Vice Ganda.  Supported by Ms. Maricel Soriano, known also for comedy, drama.  Well, one thing is sure, everyone inside the theater is laughing.

After the movie, we had our dinner at Kaya Express to top off the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home