Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Hyperacidity

Still felt queasy. Even had a slight fever the previous night. Thus, went to our company's clinic this morning.

According to the doctor, the symptoms I mentioned is caused by hyperacidity. Thus, he prescribed that I take Zantac two times a day.

I don't know, but everytime a doctor prescribes me a medicine, I always surf the internet to get some information about it.

But first, surfed about hyperacidity...

One site says that "one of the main reasons of hyperacidity is gluttony". Ouch! Hehehe! It added, "a man must eat just enough to fill half his stomach; one fourth stomach should be filled with water and remaining one fourth be kept empty for the gas". Hmmm... sounds logical.

According to the doctor, it is caused by the food we eat. As usual, this include my waterloo--chocolates. He explained the effects of caffeine (one of the ingredients in chocolates) as we digest it. Others to watch out for are soda, juice (certain fruit juice), alcohol, cigarettes, etc.

When I arrived home, that's when I remembered the medicine prescribed to me by my doctor, a gastroenterologist. According to her, I take Nexium when I feel something in my stomach.

Now, I am in a dilemma. Would it be Zantac or Nexium? Nexium or Zantac? Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

3 Comments:

At 6/16/2005 10:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

toss coin mo na lang tita,designate mo kung san yung zantac or nexium,that way alam mo kung alin take mo,wag mo lang dadayain ha, baka double head yung coin na use mo,hehehehe,rac

 
At 6/16/2005 11:09:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

actually, nde na kailangan toss coin. kasi, nakainom na ako nung zantac, itutuloy ko na... ;)

 
At 2/04/2010 02:36:00 PM, Blogger Ariel said...

Zantac is amazing... relieves my lil cupcakes heartburn, hope I can also take it to relieve my heartache! LOL Got it online at www.medsheaven.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home