Friday, December 01, 2006

Reming, The Return

A supertyphoon named Reming (international name: Durian) has roared its way to the country. It would have gone the same path as the recent supertyphoon Milenyo (international name: Xangsane), but Reming veered and spared Metro Manila. Thinking that Reming is stronger than Milenyo and moves slower, its impact is devastating. My ears were stuck on the radio yesterday at the office, hoping to hear updates on Reming. Was rather worried since when Milenyo struck, I was afraid that the roof of our house would be lifted off. When heard that Metro Manila would not be directly hit, my fears were abated. But I feel sorry for those who would feel Reming's wrath. As of last heard, almost 400 people died.

Woke up with the weather still gray. Decided to continue with my plan of buying Christmas gifts for my nieces, nephews, godchildren, etc. After leaving my purchases to be gift-wrapped, decided to watch a movie.


The Return is a drama, thriller, horror movie. Joanna Mills is haunted by visions of a brutal murder. A driven sales representative for a trucking company, she makes it a point that she won't be assigned in Texas. Something happened to her in Texas when she was still a girl; but, cannot recall what it was. Until she decided to break her "rule" and return. Upon arriving there, her visions has been frequent. She visited the murder victim's hometown, guided by her nightmares. Hoping that would end it... or would it?

The treatment is different and others might find some scenes as dragging (actually, one of the moviegoers gave a loud yawn). But the twist it offers is distinct.

After the movie, picked up my parcels. Passing through Glorietta Activity Center, learned that Christian Bautista would be giving a free concert today. Since one of our SSEAYP guests liked Christian Bautista, decided to try to catch him, take some pictures and e-mail her.


I was able to tick off a lot from my list. Made several trips to and from my car to drop the items I bought. (This is one of the rare times during the year when I bring my car to the mall--so that I can put in the car's trunk my purchases! LOL)

At around 4PM, went back to the Glorietta Activity Center to listen to Christian Bautista. There were a lot of girls screaming. I wonder why...? hehehehe!

From 11AM to 7PM at the mall to buy my Christmas presents... not bad! c",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home