Saturday, September 08, 2007

Disturbia Nancy Drew

It's Mama Mary's birthday!!! Praying the rosary today would be like giving her a lei of flowers for her birthday.

Today, everything seems to fit in place. All the things I want to do today has been completed in a breeze.

First, rode a jeepney to go to Sta. Cruz. I wanted to buy the moisture absorber unit I saw last Sunday when I went with my friends at Hidalgo since they want their pictures developed for the Framed Shots' competition. Now, I know how to get there. (Hidalgo is the place to go to if you want to buy cameras and its accessories.)

Next, I am to take pictures for next month's theme. So, from Sta. Cruz, took a jeepney ride to Pier. Stepped off near the Manila Cathedral and started walking around the area to take images of windows.


Proceeded home when only one frame is still left to be shot in my film camera. This is to pick up the pictures I would be submitting to a photo contest me and my niece would be joining. Finally, was able to find the place to submit our entries. Hope we win.

Then, proceeded to Glorietta to watch a movie (actually, I intend to watch two).

From http://www.disturbia.com/

The first movie is Disturbia. A thriller starring Shia LaBeouf, who became known because of the TV series "Even Stevens". It is a good follow-up movie for him from Transformers. When his father dies in an accident where Kale (Shia) was driving the car, he finds himself under house arrest as he acted rebelliously as he withdraws to himself. With nothing much to do in the house, Kale spies on his neighbors. Then, he suspects one of them is the serial killer the police is searching for. The movie gives one the rush specially the "hunter" becomes the "hunted". But somehow, can't shake the feeling I have seen a movie similar to this plot before...

After the movie, had lunch at Burger King. This is where I saw a P500 discount coupon from Italianni's as somebody left them on the table. Hmmm... that means, it will be Italianni's for dinner for us! c",)

Then, looked for something to capture so that I can have my film developed.


The next movie is Nancy Drew. The popular amateur detective book is now in the silver screen. In the movie, the super sleuth has been uprooted from River Heights and have to contend with a different lifestyle in California. But this doesn't bother her as she has another mystery to solve--the death of the famous actress Dehlia Draycott. This, in itself, is inventive; that is, sending Nancy Drew to Hollywood. A nice touch to make Nancy "modern" or "now".

After the movie, picked up my pictures, attended the anticipated Mass, and, as expected, had dinner at Italianni's. c",)



September 4, 2007: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM (bought during Canon sale)
September 7, 2007: Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home