Sunday, September 16, 2007

On The Spot: La Mesa Eco Park

Today's the first On The Spot (OTS) activity of Framed Shots I would be joining, and it would be at the La Mesa Eco Park.

(I have never been to the La Mesa Eco Park. Perhaps, I can consider this the place I have not been to I'll be visiting for this year...)


Two weeks ago, I already asked my brother if I can borrow his car and his driver, which he readily agreed (thanks!). This is so that I can easily pack up and leave if (and when) I wanted to.

Next, surfed the internet to know how to get there. Click the City has been very helpful on this.

To quote: "Take Commonwealth Avenue towards Fairview. You will be passing the following landmarks: UP Diliman, Iglesia ni Cristo Templo Central, Ever Gotesco, Sandiganbayan, Litex, Mercury Drugstore. Turn right at East Fairview Subdivision’s Winston St. then right at Marlboro St. all the way to Pall Mall St. where you should turn left. Turn right at the first corner. You will enter the La Mesa Dam Guard House. There is only one road to take then turn left to the parking lot, in front of which is the gate to the park. The lagoon is further down the path.

"For commuters, take a Fairview-bound FX, bus, or jeepney from Philcoa by the entrance to the University of the Philippines. Take note of the abovementioned landmarks and get off at the East Fairview Subdivision. At the gate, you should find plenty of tricycles that can take you to the Eco Park."

Well, the instruction "Turn right at the first corner." is wrong for it will lead you to the La Mesa Dam (although, there is also a guard manning the gate). The instruction should be "Drive through Pall Mall Street and turn right at the end. When you reach the end of that street, turn right again, leading you to the La Mesa Eco Park Guard House."

So met first with my friends at Jollibee-Philcoa, where we had our breakfast at McDonald's-Philcoa (hehehe!) around 6:30AM. We then proceeded to the La Mesa Eco Park after our breakfast. We were the first (Framed Shots) there as the Park is open from 8AM to 5PM.

The assignment for the OTS is to take macro and infrared (IR) photography. Because of fear of being late, forgot my filter for the IR. Yikes! Guess, have to make do with software to make my regular photo to IR.

Left the place around lunch time (although the rest seems keen on staying behind... way until 5PM?). Stopped at Ever Gotesco-Commonwealth for our lunch (at Max's) and proceeded home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home