Saturday, October 13, 2007

Surprise! Canon Photo Marathon

Today's the day. Have asked my brother weeks earlier that I would borrow his driver, Manong, so I can join the Canon Image Nation Photo Marathon 2007.

Left home early so that we can find the Blue Leaf where the event will take place. We asked a lot of security guards (thanks!) before we were able to find the place. When we arrived there, there were already a lot of photographers lining up to register.

In our "kit" (/knapsack), we have a t-shirt which we were supposed to wear during the photo marathon proper, a red cap, ID with Makati Mayor's permit at the back, a map, and permits allowing us to take photos at Ayala Center. The first theme would be between 10AM to 1PM, the second and the bonus theme is between 2PM to 5PM.

Theme 1: Modern Metropolis

Theme 2: Life in the City

Bonus Theme: Sarap Maging Pinoy


For the first theme, took several pictures including near the railroad tracks. But what made an impact on me is that I was able to go up a building's roof deck/helipad and take photos of the view from it. The guard who accompanied me kindly brought an umbrella as it was drizzling that time (thanks!).

For the second and the bonus theme, my "models" nicely granted my request to take their photos.

I was always early to go back to The Blue Leaf to submit the image I took. Me and Manong nicely timed our photo shooting and the time to go back to The Blue Leaf. Just when I am about to submit my entries for the second and the bonus theme, my brother called me and asked that I join my niece's surprise 18th birthday party arranged by her friends. Uh-oh! That means I would not be attending the awarding of the winners. Now, how would I know if I have won that Canon 40D plus the trip to Japan for a Photo Clinic? Hehehe!


The surprise party will be held at the function room of Cityland Vito Cruz Towers. If I have known, I should have been there to take the view of Makati's skyscrapers!!!

The party went well and my niece was, indeed, surprised. She never had an inkling that her friends arranged a party for her. Of course, I am the photographer. c",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home