Thursday, April 10, 2008

Creative Zen Vision:W, Traveller D301

Received the document we are waiting for. This is the benefit that was stopped when the merging occurred. Thus, our contribution, our company's contribution plus the earnings from our contribution would be given to us. What is nice about this benefit, one is forced to save. Plus, it ensures that you double it because the company matches your contribution. Also, you get earnings for your contribution as it is invested.


Already bought yesterday one item in my wish list--a Creative Zen Vision:W. I was deciding between Zen Vision:W, Canon's Media Storage, Epson's P3000, and Archos. My primary consideration is that I can simply plug in my compact flash (CF) to it and my images can be transferred to the portable media storage. This way, in case I am traveling and my CFs are full, I can simply transfer my images and continue with my shooting.

One thing is sure, I got a good deal. Why? Because other shops that carry the same product (Zen Vision:W) sells them at the same price I bought mine. But my Zen Vision:W has an 60GB capacity; theirs is 30GB. Oh! I got other freebies, too.

Surfing, found a USB modem. Called the supplier (as it is listed in the website) for some of my queries. The modem is "open line" and one can simply use ordinary mobile phone SIM of any network--just have GPRS enabled.

Testing it at home, find that the Traveller D301 is better than Huawei E220 (provided by PLDT WeRoam), and definitely better than ZTE MF622 (provided by Smart Bro Plug-It Prepaid although they also provide the Huawei USB modem).

Both the Traveller and Huawei have their installer in the unit. Thus, once you plug the modem to the computer, the software and driver is automatically installed if it is still not existing in the computer. There are USB modems that you have to install the software and driver separately before connecting the unit to the computer.

I may be biased but I prefer the Traveller over Huawei. My basis is the behavior of my desktop when the Traveller is connected to it versus Huawei. (My desktop at home behaves oddly when unit/s are connected to it via the USB.) When I use the Huawei, I have to run the Device Manager to detect the USB modem. For the Traveller, there's no glitch. Also, I notice that even using it for several hours, the Traveller does not get warm to the touch.

Brightstar is the distributor of the Traveller USB modem here (telephone (02)638-6868). Traveller comes with a Smart SIM.

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2008 09:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! would you know if the Traveller D301 will work with a Mac? thanks!

 
At 4/24/2008 12:43:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

Sorry, I don't. But you can try contacting Brightstar as they were able to answer my queries convincingly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home