Tuesday, April 15, 2008

eXplore: Reunion

My kumare from Canada arrived to attend the wedding of her youngest brother. since she would be going back on Thursday, we are to meet with some of our friends today. Took a half-day leave from the office.

We were supposed to meet at The Landmark around 2PM. Thus, dropped-by PC Express, Buendia first to finally buy the sub-notebook I decided to buy.


It was a toss-up between the Neo eXplore X1 and the Asus Eee PC. My decision what to buy came down to this...

Asus Eee PC
512MB memory
4GB storage
<.9 kg weight
Linux OS --> cannot use my PLDT WeRoam
P19K++

Neo eXplore X1
512MB memory
30GB storage
1.4kg weight
Windows XP Starter Edition --> can be used with my PLDT WeRoam
P16K++


With my precious "toy" safely tucked, went to The Landmark to meet with my friends. Strolled around Greenbelt 5 and ate at Chateau 1771 of the same mall. Then, had coffee (and/or frappe) at Figaro at Greenbelt 3. Spent our time talking, sharing experiences and keeping each other up to date of what's going on with us.

Definitely a fulfilling day... c",)



Learned something about the Windows XP Starter Edition:

1) Only three windows is available. --> Considering the size of my Neo eXplore X1's screen (7"), I don't think I would be opening several windows. Hehehe!

2) It can only handle 512MB memory. --> If I want to upgrade my Neo eXplore X1 to 1GB, I have to change the OS to Windows XP Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home