Thursday, May 01, 2008

Aliwan! (Joy!) Iron Man

Today is the start of the Aliwan Festival 2008.

Last year, also attended the Aliwan Festival and saw a store selling Montano Sardines. I wanted to buy but I did not for I cannot imagine myself taking pictures of the grand parade while carrying bottles of Montano Sardines. Thus, decided to go today at the CCP Complex to buy it (Montano Sardines), if I found one.


Proceeded to the Aliwan Bazaar and went from store to store to look for that much-coveted sardines. Hayyy.... found none. (sad)


In front of Star City, a contingent was practicing their performance for Saturday, May 3, for the grand parade.


Empty-handed, took a taxi to Glorietta to watch Iron Man. If I was able to buy the sardines, would have dropped it off at home before proceeding to Glorietta.

A sci-fi, action, adventure, fantasy movie starring Robert Downey, Jr., Iron Man is about Tony Stark, a billionaire industrialist and weapons maker. After being captured and injured by Middle East terrorists, Stark has a change of heart when he saw that his weapons were in the hands of the wrong men. He decided to don a high-tech suit of armor in order to protect the very people who have been victimized by the weapons he created. Robert Downey, Jr. fits his character to a T. Loved the last scene when he is having a press conference.. Tee-hee! The special effects is great, there's a lot of action, and witty banter in between.


After the movie, decided to have a snack of Slammer Burgers' cheese burger.

Maybe because it is a holiday or it is the end-of-the-month, there is an ongoing sale in the mall. Decided to look for a backpack that can carry a laptop--this is so I can carry my subnotebook and my things in one bag instead of two (my bag and my computer bag). Checked first The Landmark Department Store's luggage section. Found one but decided to check other stores first.

Went to CD-R King to buy the 6-in-1 card reader which can serve as an expandable flash disk. Then, proceeded to my suki at Goldcrest to buy a mobile phone charger plus converter which I can use for my Nokia 6600 or for my Nokia N90. Next stop is the Mercury Drug Store to buy Caltrate Plus.

Decided to check SM Department Store for the backpack for laptop. Was able to buy an Elle backpack. For today only, SM Advantage Card members get a 10% discount on their purchases. Then, proceeded to World of Feng Shui to buy an ally coin amulet which I can hang in my new backpack.

Decided that it is time to go home. But on the way, saw a sale on eyepieces. Decided to buy. Got me a free kiddie shades for it. Hehehehe!

All in all, I am satisfied with my purchases... c",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home