Sunday, January 18, 2009

Festivals

It is the feast of the Sto. Nino. Devotees to baby Jesus participate in a parade that would lead them to the church where images of the infant Jesus they are carrying would be blessed. The images are "dancing" to the beat of the song being played by the band in the parade.


Left the house after lunch, hoping to catch the Caracol 2009, Makati's Mardi Gras. The jeepney I rode was caught in traffic because of the parade for the Sto. Nino. You can see images of baby Jesus in different attire--captain, seaman, basketball player, etc. Even babies were dressed like Sto. Nino!



Stepped off the jeepney near The Landmark. That's when I saw a parade about to start at Greenbelt. The parade of the Sto. Nino would start from Greenbelt chapel, go around Ayala Land, and back to the chapel.

Then, strolled around Glorietta.





Decided to go to the parking lot at the corner of Ayala and Paseo de Roxas. This is the meeting place for the participants of Makati's Caracol 2009.


Decided to skip the actual parade... because I am hungry. The parade is said to start around 4-5PM. Thus, it was Razon's halo-halo and pancit luglug for me.


Have you ever met inconsiderate people? People who would be infront of the cashier and would only think of their order just then, while there are people waiting for their turn? People who are not sure if they would be adding more order or not? I have. And she even has the nerve to accuse me of saying bad words about her! The truth is, I have not. But after accusing me, hoped that she choked on the halo-halo... hehehe! Of course, answered her back.. in straight English.

In the first place, why would she think that? That's what I call "a pot calling a (shiny) kettle black".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home