Sunday, November 01, 2009

Undas 2009

My alarm went off at 3AM. We're to leave the house around 4AM to go to the Manila Memorial in Sucat to visit my aunt, light a candle and say a prayer. When my Nanay was still alive, she always does this, that is, visit her eldest sister at her resting place.

When we arrived there, there was no candle nor flower in my aunt's grave. Odd... Unlike last year, there are fewer people who stayed overnight at the cemetery.


After which, proceeded to Sgt. Mariano Cemetery in Pasay where my Nanay is laid to rest. But first, stopped at McDonald's for a very early breakfast.

At Sgt. Mariano, the stretch where my Nanay's (and Lolo's and Lola's and uncles') grave is, there were no lights. We were there first to light them with candles. At least, there were already flowers.

Then, proceeded home.

(Will sleep again...)

With my nephew and two nieces in tow, went back to Sgt. Mariano Cemetery so that they can visit their Lola in the afternoon. After which, have me dropped off at Glorietta 4 to buy a gift for my inaanak who happens to have her birthday today. Nice! Everyone is celebrating her birthday.. with candles and flowers. (wink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home