Monday, August 10, 2015

To Juice Or Not

Since I bought my Hurom juicer, been surfing the internet about fruit and vegetable juice. Then, stumbled upon an article "How fruit juice went from health food to junk food".

OMG! Does that mean I have to store away my new juicer? No. Came up with my checklist.

* More vegetables than fruit in my juice. Fruit is just for taste.

* 4oz of juice only (half glass).

* Put back the pulp for fiber, or add flaxseed.

* Eat something with the juice.



Picked-up the result of my fibroscan and went for check-up with my gastroenterologist.  The result is:

Body mass index calculated at 24.6 was interpreted as normal based on her height of 5 feet 4 inches and weight of 65kg.  ALT/SGPT result showed a value of 16 U/L taken on June 6, 2015.

Fibroscan was done with patient in supine position, facing the wall, right arm under patient's head, left arm relaxed at side.  Right upper abdomen was exposed while determining the position where the probe will be placed.

The procedure lasted for 4 minutes and 14 seconds.  10/12 valid acquisitions performed with an 83% success rate.  Result showed liver stiffness of 5.8 kilo Pascals, with Interquantile range (IQR) of 1.8 kilo Pascals.  Elastography was interpreted as minimal fibrosis.  Lifestyle modification with diet change and exercise is advised.  Treatment is directed to underlying risk factors.  Yearly surveillance with Fibroscan.

Previous result/s:
September 1, 2014 -- 8.4 kPa, (F2) Moderate fibrosis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home