Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Northern Samar: Day 2

Fiesta!

First, we would be attending the Mass.  The sermon is quite long but lively.  Even spoken in their dialect (Waray), I was able to understand a few because some words is similar to Bicol.  Having spent my summer in Bicol with Nana while in my grade school years, I am able to understand the dialect a little.

Must be with all the food I have eaten, was not able to finish the Mass and have to go home.

It is usually the hermano mayor who welcomes people in their house for a feast after the Mass.  But, it seems, people are also used at going to Tita Lydia's house for the fiesta meal.  There is a separate area of the house for the guests of the family and another for the people welcome to celebrate the fiesta with them.


Similar to what my Lola does in her palengke, she invites people for the feast.  And similar to what I do during those times, I take pictures and get off the way (there would be lots of people and I might be on the way).  Hehe!  Tita Josie and Tita Norma helped serve.  Comparatively, there are lots of people in my Lola's feast.

What I noticed that there are just a number of viands, thus, there would be no left-overs while people have their fill.  With that of my Lola, there are many takaw-mata and many left-overs.  The normal food served by my Lola (and cooked by my Nanay, Nana and Uncle Nes) are morcon, embotido, hamonado, spaghetti, chicken, rice, fruit salad, macaroni salad, etc.

Tonight, it will the dance for the teeners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home