Friday, October 06, 2017

Uterus Eyeglasses

Went to Makati Medical Center during lunch time for a follow-up check-up with my Ob-Gyne.

Showed up so I can be listed, have lunch of chicken arroz caldo and asado siopao at Dumplings 'n Dimsum, and back to my doctor's office.

And I thought it would just be normal as usual, but was advised that my uterine lining has thickened and have to do another ultrasound while on my 3rd-6th day of my menstrual cycle to ensure it is not cancer!  What?!

Back to the office, was looking for my progressive eyeglasses.  It's missing!  Must have left it at the taxi I took when I went to Makati Medical Center.

Is there more negative news?  Aside from the office.  Hay....

As soon as I arrived home, check my lab results.

May 27, 2016
The UTERUS is retroverted, midline, with heterogenous echopattern and irregular contour.  It measures 6.1 x 7.5 x 5.6 cm (corpus only).  There are at least 7 myomas seen.
The ENDOMETRIUM has thickness of 0.78cm, is trilaminar, with intact subendometrial halo.
Impression:
Retroverted Uterus with Myoma Uteri as described.
Thin and Intact Endometrium.
Normal-sized Both Ovaries.

September 19, 2017
The UTERUS is retroverted, midline, with heterogenous echopattern and irregular contour.  It measures 6.3 x 8.9 x 5.6 cm (corpus only).  There are at least 6 myomas seen.
The ENDOMETRIUM has a thickness of 0.66cm, is trilaminar, with intact subendometrial halo.
Impression:
Retroverted Uterus with Myoma Uteri as described.
Thick and Intact Endometrium for age.
Normal-sized Both Ovaries.

Now, my endometrium actually thinned from 0.78cm to 0.66cm.  Although, the impression is that it is thick for age.  Pray it is not cancer.



From http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1002/uog.9982/asset/9982_ftp.pdf?v=1&t=j8iafbn9&s=e6fe34d10bf6182e188a51dc4d6d1f0a40ae28ec


Conclusions: The thickness of the endometrium can be used as an index to predict the risk of EMCA. An endometrial thickness less than or equal to 5.0 mm in women older than 51 years old and 8.6 mm in those younger than 51 years old indicates a low risk for developing EMCA. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home