Friday, December 23, 2005

Celebrations...

First. Today is my nephew's birthday. But he had his party last night at The Legend Bar and Restaurant in Malate, Manila. (His Dad made sure that the venue is exclusive for my nephew's birthday party.) This way, as the clock ticked past 12 midnight, he is with his family and friends in the first hour of his birthday. c",)


The party started slowly until the band, Major 5, played its repertoire for the night. But still, it seems that my nephew's guests are glued to their seats. With a little inspiration, my two nieces (his sister and my cousin's daughter) decided to take it to their own hands and went to the dance floor so that the others would follow suit. It took some cajoling from my nephew so that his friends will join in the dance floor. And that started the ball rolling...

The party soon had a life of its own. My two nieces danced with the "older" guests so that they, too, would have a grand time. Actually, we occupied two tables. One table sat my cousin and her husband, my other cousin and two lawyer family friends. I sat with my two nieces, where the young ones seat... hehehe!

Left The Legend around 1AM as I still have work the following day (or is it today?), tagging along my two nieces. I did ask my brother that I'll just leave the two with him as they are still having a fun time; but he insisted that I take them home (check the sidelights).

My niece (from my cousin) slept at our house. Before going to bed, checked them and left the two still talking their heads off wrapping up the night's events. c",)

Second. Tonight is my brother's Christmas party for his people (at City Hall, political leaders, friends, his business, etc.). As usual, I am in-charge with covering the events; in short, photographer. But since there will be presentations, decided to take video instead. My niece was tasked to take the pictures. Oh! And I have another role--I am the game master.

Decided to include games which is seldom (or was never played) in parties I think our guests ever attended. Started with a heart-pumping game which I called "The Balloon Battle". Each player has a balloon tied to his/her leg. The aim is to pop the balloon of the other players while making sure that your balloon is safe. I was laughing so hard, I would think that my video covering the game would seem that there is an earthquake.

Another game is "Big Newspaper Dance". Instead of the usual pair stepping in to a newspaper when the music stop, used several newspapers taped together to form one big paper. The players must get in the big paper when the music stops. Those not inside the paper are out of the game. Before the music begins, the paper is then folded into half. This continues until only one "survives".

In between presentations and games, prizes are raffled off. And my brother ensured everyone went home with a prize. All in all, I would say the guests enjoyed themselves. And... I had a big laugh while watching them play the games.



Sidelights in my nephew's birthday party at The Legend:

  • My two niece stole the "picture" from the other female guests of my nephew. They were giving them (my nieces) "the eye". Maybe they thought they are their "competitors" from my nephew's attention. Wait! I was sitting with my two nieces. Maybe, they are insecure with me? hehehehe!

  • Major 5 has two cute guy members: the drummer and the guitarist. If I am to believe my niece's (tall) tales, these two are checking them out when they started the dance... and everytime they are in the dance floor.

  • Whenever my two nieces go to the dance floor, two friends of my nephew follow suit and dance beside them... under the watchful eye of my brother. hehehe! One of them has a girlfriend. There was even a point the girlfriend stood up and went to the guy at the dance floor and wrapped her arms around him. Hello..?! (Same reaction from my niece... hehehe. My other niece even thought he was gay!)

  • My nephew has a female guest on his lap while he is wiping her face with water to revive her. She must be drunk. Until my brother whispered to me, "Tingnan mo yang kaibigan ng pamangkin mo. Nag-iinarte lang. Hindi naman yan lasing." (Translation: Look at your nephew's friend. She's just acting out. She's not even drunk.) Which my niece seconded because she knows that the "drunk" girl is a party girl and can handle a number of drinks.

  • I think these two has a point. When another male friend helped the "drunk" girl up, when she was able to stand up, she wrapped her arms around my nephew... Ugh!

  • The drummer is at the bar during a break in their show. Since we are leaving early (my brother thought that many will be intoxicated by then and he wants his daughter and her niece safely home), my two nieces convinced me to talk to the drummer to have his picture taken with them. As soon as I took their picture, left them to have their chat. Rather surprised, as soon as I left them, they were on my tails. Must be a very short talk. hehehe! And to think, I think that the drummer is interested in one of them.

  • They also wanted to have their picture taken with the guitarist. But he was on his way to the comfort room when we saw him. I don't think I would dare stop him to do his business... haha!

7 Comments:

At 12/24/2005 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some corrections and clarifications: *ahihihi*

Tita! First of all, it's Major 7... not Major 5! Hahaha!

Second, it wasn't only the drummer and the guitarist who were checking us out... it was like every single guy in the party!
(I sound so conceited right now, don't I? Hahaha!)

Third, I really lost the respect I had for the friend of Kuya... one of the two guys who kept following us - the one who has a girlfriend.

Fourth, you better stop me because I'm so going to kill someone! That bitch is a slut! Argh! Well, I think I know my brother more than she does to know that he wouldn't let her "screw" his life... at least, I hope.

Lastly, Tricia and I were thinking that we were supposed to follow you! > _ < Argh! But it's okay... The feeling of having someone (a vey cute someone) follow you and wait for a perfect time to talk to you is such an indulgence! Hahaha!

Still can't get over the fact that they're possible and potential boyfriends! Grrr!!!! Hahahaha!!!

 
At 12/24/2005 06:43:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

oo nga, noh? tatlong singers, dalawang guitarists, isa sa keyboard at isang drummer... pito nga! :-P

nde naman panahon ng bagyo, pero ang hangin... c",)

 
At 12/25/2005 01:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tita!!:)
hello!:)
first of all, like pam said, it's MAJOR 7!!:)
AND
all the guys WERE checking us (while their girlfriends/dates were giving us 'the eye') out while we were dancing.. HELLO?! hehe.. we started it..hehehe
AND
i really thought the guys that danced with us were GAY!! i really thought so.. but they had girlfriends pala.. so.. big misunderstanding..hehe.. sorry nalang:)
AND
the guitarist and the drummer ARE so HOTT!! just watch.. one day, the guitarist could be your future nephew-in-law..(in my dreams of course!!)
AND
we didn't know that it was our cue to chat it up with the drummer.. inexperienced pa ng konti eh.. hehe..
and YES.. they really WERE checking us out when we were dancing it up out there.. HELLO?! we were the only two girls there!!:) hehe. and we have each other as EYE-WITNESSES.. hehe
hayy... ohw well..
next time, we'll really get up there and ask for their pictures.. hehe.. with you there with us again!! hehe:)

 
At 12/25/2005 09:02:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

Noted.. Good thing, I did not promote them to GENERAL. Hehehe!

As for the EYE-WITNESSES... Aren't they (both of you.. hehehe!) a bit biased? LOL

 
At 12/27/2005 08:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA....this is so amusing. you have great nieces friendship. manang mana sa tita ah. ;-)

haven't heard of that band yet. hardly go to malate. dapat pinakitaan mo din sila ng dance steps mo gurl. :-D baka kabog silang lahat! hahaha...

 
At 12/27/2005 01:10:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

hehehe!

me, too, haven't heard of them 'til that night at the bday party. tingnan mo, mali pa nga yung name ng band na sinulat ko. c",)

 
At 12/29/2005 02:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tita/Ate (?) sel,

Ate Pat and I were trying to drag Tita to the dancefloor that night, but she said it was her second day and she could not really move that much so we did not insist anymore. Hehehe!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home