Thursday, January 04, 2007

Matakot Ka Sa Karma

The 2nd World Pyro Olympics would start tomorrow, January 5. In case I would be able to watch, decided to buy myself a lens hood for my EF-S 17-85mm lens. As I recall from my basic photography lessons, when shooting fireworks, use "bulb" for the shutter speed (and obviously, a small opening for an apperture). Because of it, using a remote control (and tripod) will avoid camera shake. Leave the shutter open and release the shutter once the light or fireworks explode. With this style, it is preferred to have a lens hood to minimize "unwanted" lights reaching the lens. I already have a tripod as well as a remote control. What I lack is a lens hood.

After office, searched for a hood for my lens. Took me three stores before I was able to purchase one. On the way home, that's when I passed by the cinemas... and decided to watch a movie. It's either Matakot ka sa Karma or Ligalig. Odd... Ligalig is not being shown in any Glorietta theaters that time. So, it's Matakot ka sa Karma for me.


The movie is a trilogy of horror stories with the stories working around on items bought from an antique dealer. The first episode is titled Kama (translation: bed). The bed "comes" with its previous owner. The mother who bought the bed was bothered when the previous owner of the bed claims that her son is hers. The second episode is titled Aparador (translation: cabinet). An interior designer purchases the cabinet for Mariel's house. When Mariel's brother disappeared, that's when the mystery inside the cabinet emerges. The third episode is titled Tokador (translation: dresser). The antique dresser was a gift by a suitor to Katrina. Then, she finds a necklace in one of its drawers. When she gives the necklace to one of her friends, that's when a possessive spirt stalks her and her friends.

As a friend puts it, the movie should be titled "Matakot ka sa Sumpa" (translation: fear the curse) as the stories have nothing to do with karma. c",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home