Saturday, February 03, 2007

Into The Supernatural

Broke my usual routine of watching a movie... all because of the activities which happened this week.


28 January, Sunday

My brother was twice brought to the emergency room of Makati Medical Center today. A week before, he was also brought to the emergency room.

When he was brought first thing this morning, he insisted that he be sent home after the doctors checked on him as he has a meeting in the afternoon. He prevailed and was sent home plus the medicine's he has to take. But his afternoon meeting went pffft! as he was still not feeling and he can't make it. Then, he was rushed again to the emergency room where he was finally confined in the hospital to do a series of tests and be treated.

29 January 2007, Monday

Visited my brother at the hospital after office. Just in time as his surgeon, Dr. Pastores, dropped by. The result of my brother's ultrasound has been released, and based on it, he has gall stones. But his gall bladder is swollen, along with his other internal organs. Odd thing is, symptoms due to the other internal organs are not being experienced by my brother. According to his surgeon, normally, he would be doing a laparoscopy. But since my brothers stones are scattered and his internal organs are also swollen, he has to do an open surgery to see if there are other organs affected.

30 January 2007, Tuesday

Visited my brother again at the hospital after office. I did not know that he is also expecting visitors that night from Naic, Cavite. That's when I learned of the odd things that went that day.

* Somebody brought a picture of my brother to the "healer" (we call him Tatang) to ask him if my brother has a fighting chance if he decided to run in the coming election. Tatang said that he has, 60-40, but he added the one in the picture is sick and the doctors do not know the cause of his sickness.

* At the hospital, a nun was doing the rounds of the patients to pray-over them. She also visited my brother. When she was about to start praying, she fell--losing consciousness. Everyone were at a loss and the nun has to be brought to the emergency room. When the nun was dispatched from the emergency room, she requested that she be brought to the chapel to pray.

Finally, my brother's guests arrived. Tatang, with two of his companions, were there. We have to close the room's door so that the nurse who check my brother from time-to-time will not disturb us. Tatang made tawas to my brother by putting a piece of paper with vicks vaporub on it on my brother's forehead. When the paper was removed, an image was formed. He did this several times and saw several images on the paper, saying that several people were responsible for the sickness. One of those in the image is holding a pointed stick and they even used an animal for the spell. He then "healed" my brother.

While my brother is being "healed", he is experiencing odd things in his body. There's the boiling he feels inside his body, there's also the heat from the hands of Tatang, etc. When Tatang was through, he said that "alam na nila" (translation: they know)--meaning, the one who is doing it already knows that my brother is being cured.

And my brother? He felt better... much, much better.

Next would be pulsuhan my brother's relative so that we would know who was that one who initiated that my brother be made sick. But it was getting late; thus, decided that my niece and I would go to Tatang at his house in Naic, Cavite on Friday.

31 January 2007, Wednesday

That morning, I asked Manong, my brother's driver, on how was the trip back to Cavite. That's when he told me about the big black dog. He said that he doesn't believe those things; but, something happened on the way back to Tatang's house. On the way, he had to hit the breaks really hard as he saw a big black dog with piercing eyes in front of the car. He knows that given the speed of the car, he would hit the dog even even if he tried to stop the car. But no sound was heard--a car hitting something or a dog yelping--it's as if the dog just disappeared. Tatang, who was sleeping at that time, woke up and said that he should not have stopped since there was nothing there. Good thing, no other car was following them or that the car they are riding did not turn turtle.

02 February 2007, Friday

Took a half-day off since I would be accompanying my niece to Cavite. Left the house around 2PM. Arrived at Tatang's house between 4 to 5 PM. There were already a lot of people at his house waiting to be healed. What I witnessed that time, as well as what happened to my niece during the session, no one would believe.

While my niece is pinupulsuhan, I spent my time taking pictures around the house of Tatang--of the fields, of the dirt road, etc. It took a long time before my niece, who acted as a medium, fell into a trance. But the mangkukulam who did the deed is strong as he/she keeps coming and going out of the medium. My niece had to go to three sessions, hoping that we would be able to talk to the mangkukulam. Finally, it was decided that I be the one would act as the medium. But first, they put tawas on me. They also found something! During the session I saw something, but somehow, I keep "opposing" on what's happening. And we stopped. They just asked me to burn the paper for my tawas and I have to face the smoke.

We also bought a pangontra and have asked Tatang to bless/pray for it. Before we left his house, he asked that Manong to honk the car's horn three times to keep our journey back safe.

On the way, we had our dinner at Kentucky Fried Chicken and proceeded to the hospital. That's when we told my brother what happened that day. That's when my niece narrated what she experienced during the session. It's also when I shared what I experienced and what I saw. We're the same!

Tatang would be coming again this Sunday at our house, hoping to continue the session until we know who was responsible. This is also for him to check the house.

03 February 2007, Saturday

Would have watched Charlotte's Web or Blood and Chocolate. But, decided to buy first the things on my list. Besides, the 2007 Photoworld Manila is on exhibit at Glorietta Activity Center.

My list? Incense, incense holder, a long chain to hold my pangontra. They said, no one should touch or see the pangontra other than yourself. That took some time.

For the Photoworld Exhibit, I was able to catch a short seminar (20 minutes) by Jun Miranda of PCCI on Adobe Photoshop. The incident was funny because when Jun Miranda asked who is already using Adobe Photoshop, I raised my hand. When he saw me, he grinned. Hehehe!

Attended the anticipated Mass then we had dinner at Italianni's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home