Saturday, May 03, 2008

Aliwan Fiesta

Today's THE day. It would be the Grand Parade of the Aliwan Fiesta 2008. The parade would start around 3PM at the Quirino Grandstand. Wanted to be there earlier so I can catch images of the preparation as well as find me a place to shoot the event when it actually starts.




At 1PM, I am already at the Grandstand. There were beautiful colorful costumes everywhere. The participants are friendly and charming, always willing to lend a smile as pictures of them were taken.

The usual, I guess, the Grand Parade did not start at 3PM. Don't know if it is a blessing or not, but around 3:45PM, the rain fell. At least, the contingent/participants have a place they can seek shelter from the rain.

When the rain stopped, decided to go home. Dropped my camera gear at home and proceeded to Glorietta to try to catch the anticipated Mass. Had dinner at Italianni's after the Mass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home