Monday, September 01, 2008

Chivalry? Gallantry? Dead

Rushing home from work, had to take the MRT coach open for everyone since the train is already at the station (they allot the first coach for women, children and the elderly). Besides, the train is not that full (which usually is during peak hours).


Spent the whole ride standing. Not one of the men (won't put "gentle") offered me their seat! One even faked that he is sleeping...

Then, the "sleeping" man suddenly stood up when the train is nearing Ayala Station. The other guy beside him is not sure if he would move. I said, "Never mind dahil bababa na rin ako (transalation: I'll be stepping off the train)." I feel sorry for his wife (notice the ring on his finger?).

Upon arriving home, ate dinner, dressed down to go do the funeral parlor for the wake of my mother's friend/co-teacher's brother. Funeral would be on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home