Thursday, October 30, 2008

Seminar, Sofitel

Today is the last of the two-day seminar I have attended. It is fun and a learning experience. If not for the speaker, the seminar would have fallen "flat". Since the seminar is in Binondo, hitched a ride with an office mate for two days so she can drop me off where I can easily get a ride home.

On the first day, we got lost twice!!! On the second day, we learned our lesson. Hehehe! She dropped me off at Robinson's Place where I can easily get a taxi going to Sofitel where my aunt's 70th birthday will be celebrated. Since the driver was concerned that the traffic might be heavy because of the seminar attended by foreign delegates at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC), I assured him that I passed by Roxas Boulevard earlier and the traffic is not heavy. On the way, since the news was on, and there is a slight traffic, just made small talk about the events being reported on the radio. Then, out of the blue, the driver kept asking questions where I worked, asking if we can be friends, adding that I can TXT him so he can pick me up from work to go home, etc. When we were already at the CCP Compound (the hotel is within the CCP Compound), he is driving slow as he keeps on insisting that I get his number or I give him mine. Good thing for the foreign delegates convention, there is a blockade near the Coconut Palace, paid him immediately and walked towards Sofitel.


My relatives (and the guests) were wonderfully dressed. I'm in my maong pants, Nike rubber shoes and white polo (changed from my colorful t-shirt). There were lots of singing as my aunt loves to sing. She was serenaded by her kids, grandchildren and friends. There was ballroom dancing after. (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home