Saturday, September 14, 2013

Elysium

Movie weekend.  Finally, watching Elysium, a sci-fi thriller.

Bought my movie ticket on a discount (using my BPI Amore card), Mongolian lunch at Food Choices; then, the movie.

From http://www.itsbetterupthere.com/site/

Earth where two distinct classes exist:  the poor and the very rich.  The very rich lives in a man-made station called Elysium, and the poor left in an over-populated, ruined world.  Max, since childhood, dreamed of going to Elysium with his childhood friend Frey.  I like the scene of little Max and the nun talking, with the nun giving him a necklace and a pendant with an image of Earth as seen from space ("to remind him where he came from").

After the movie, finished my to-dos.
a)  medicines (Nexium and Stresstab) at Mercury Drug
b)  blouse and pants on sale at The Landmark using my reward points (yes! did not shell-out any money for my purchase)
c)  electric fan for my nephew's dog Thor at Anson's (using my Citibank reward points)
d)  cupcake fix at Vanilla Cupcake Bakery

Attended the anticipated Mass and had dinner at Wee Num Kee.  Like!

Since the driver was available, after leaving Glorietta, went to Pet Express at SM Hypermart along South Super Highway to buy food for my dog Tsubasa.  Should have known, I can use the gift certificate I have at Pet Express.  Will do it next time.  Bought a cake at Red Ribbon in Cash & Carry before proceeding home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home