Sunday, November 03, 2013

RFID

Rest day.

Been reading up on RFID because of stories whose credit cards were used illegally.  There is one story whose card was used in another country when the owner is here in the country.  Although, recently the owner travelled abroad and information of her credit card with RFID chip must have been obtained while on travel.

There are wallets that blocks RFID scanner like Pacsafe, Travelon, etc.

I like the wallet I am using now; thus, searched on how to make my own RFID blocker.

Read this, and this, and this.

My materials:  cardboard inside the stocking package, aluminium foil (refill worth PhP 44.75, since item is not available at home), scotch tape.

Cut the cardboard to the size of the money bill.  Wrapped the cardboard with aluminium foil.  To make it steady, taped it.  Made two pieces of it.

Placed them in the pockets of my wallet in such a way that the credit/ debit/ ATM cards would be in between my DIY RFID blocker.

It will not block 100% but the RFID scanner has to be within two (2) inches of my wallet to retrieve data from my cards' RFID chip.  Safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home