Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Legazpi: Day One

It will not be a vacation as I would be going to Bicol to attend my Nana's wake.  With me is Vangie and my niece Camille.  We would be taking PAL PR2925 flight ETD 0940H ETA1035H.  Left the house around 5AM.

Edgar the driver dropped us off at Terminal 3.  Everything is smooth as we already made an online check-in.


After checking-in and passing through several x-ray machines, we had breakfast at the airport while waiting to board our flight.

In our flight is Richard Gutierrez and his family plus two nannies for his son.  The couple wanted to have the seat to themselves that their son is carried by one of the nannies on his lap.  And the wife has a commercial ad as if she's a doting mother.  Tsk!  Tsk!


At Legazpi Airport, we were picked up by my Nana's niece Sarita and nephew Arnel.  Arnel would be driving us around while in Bicol.  Asked that we be brought first to our hotel to check-in and drop our luggage and see Lily first.

Our hotel is the Embarcadero Hotel.  We three have separate rooms.



Wanted to check on Lily.  She was at home as she easily gets tired.  Everything changed as I remembered them.  Gone were the palayan and nipa huts.  We spent sometime with Lily, hoping that we have lifted her spirits and her will to fight her disease.

Before proceeding to St. Peter Chapel, we stopped at Waway's for lunch.


We were at Nana's wake the rest of the day.  Met several of her relatives--nieces, nephews, grandchildren.  We left St. Peter at 11PM.

When we first saw Nana, as if she's frowning.  But when we checked on her before leaving at 11PM, she looked relaxed.  And it is not only I who noticed it.

Because one of the kids has a third eye and told us stories about it, my niece is afraid to stay in her room.  So we upgraded our room.  My niece and I would be staying in a two-bed room.  According to Vangie who has a third eye herself, there is something in her room but my room is clear.  My niece who can't see but can feel something, is not comfortable with her room either.  That is why I always have my holy water, crucifix with Benedictine medal, and, now, the image of our Lady of Fatima with me when I travel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home