Monday, December 31, 2018

Last Day Of The Year

Already "booked" Edgar, the driver.  Will have lots to tick-off before tonight's festivity.

My niece Pam would be going with me for some of her errands.  The mall I am going to would be open by 10AM, hers would be at 11AM.

Left the condo around 10AM as agreed.

1)  Paid Meralco bill at The Landmark's Bayad Center.
2)  Bought cake (with "Happy 2019!" written on it) plus other round goodies like polvoron, macaroons, puto at Goldilocks in The Landmark Food Center.
3)  Bought a basket of thirteen (13) fruits at SM Makati.

Since we are already at SM, my niece bought a backpack at Forever 21 to replace her broken one.

Glorietta is still close (it will open at 11AM), so we passed on the side of the mall to go back to The Landmark on our way to Greenbelt 5.  Gave instructions to Edgar to wait for us at the food court; but, he would buy the food I would be giving to Sintaro and the guard watching our property in Pasay.

In time, too, that by the time we reached Greenbelt 5, the mall is already open.

With all the drama regarding the driver with my Kuya and his second wife, I thought they would not be needing him today.  Well, they did.  Advised my Kuya via SMS that Edgar should be with me by 2PM because we have to be at Emerald Garden Restaurant by 3PM to pick-up my order--our food for our media noche.  Said restaurant will be closed by 5PM for food pick-up,

My brother and I are sharing in paying the driver's salary.  Actually, they use the driver more than me.  I feel sorry how they treat him considering the loyalty he has shown specially when our house in Pasay was burned.  Advised him that I would be getting him by March (Edgar tendered his resignation until the school ends) and have him drive for me (with my nieces) only.  Thanks to the monster-in-law who has my brother in her tiny finger.  Oh!  And whose mother has a mangkukulam for a friend.  Me getting Edgar as driver did not suit my Kuya.  It's my decision.  According to his wife, they have money and they can get helpers anytime.  So I am sure they have money to get a driver.  Their last helper left after two days being with them.  Hehehe!

Back.  Went to Tempur because I wanted to buy their travel pillow.  It is on a 10% discount.  Then, we went to the salon my niece would be going to while I would be doing some window-shopping as my list is complete.

Oops.. She did not make an appointment.  She can only be serviced at 12:30PM.  Thus, had an early lunch instead at Bulgogi Brothers.  After lunch, we parted ways.

Was already at Glorietta doing my "thing" when she called that she is done.  That was fast!  It was actually 10 minutes or so?  We thought it would take her about an hour.  So, bought other things like socks and a box to store my socks.

Edgar TXTed that he is on his way back.  We went back to Greenbelt to buy a 31% Baskin Robbins ice cream.  But we first stopped at Pablo because I wanted to try this new store.  According to Pam, Pablo is also from Japan.  The cream tart is very good!

Like clockwork, we were at Emerald Garden Restaurant a few minutes before 3PM.  My order is already there: Yang Chow fried rice, crispy fried chicken, birthday noodles, sweet and sour pork, shrimp salad, crab foo yong.  I also ordered a small size of sweet and sour pork, and beef with broccoli for Edgar.

While waiting for 12 midnight, Pam and I were playing Nintendo Switch, a gift by her boss to her.  Nice!


A blessed 2019 to all of us!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home