Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A Set of Yin-Yang

I thought the day would start auspiciously since it is one of the rare moments I am not late for work. I should have known... since it is not one of those (late) days, guess the reverse of what I hoped for will occur.

Of all the (office) e-mails I received, I have to open the first e-mail that would make me see "red". (An exaggeration, really, but it does sound dramatic. hehehe!) I would have loved to reply to it tartly, but I have an early morning meeting. Guess, I have to put it aside for awhile.

So off I went to the meeting. The available seat is beside someone I always have an e-mail-novela with. All those copy furnished by our exchange of e-mails is waiting how one would react to the e-mail of the other. I know... because I set my e-mail to return an e-mail notice if it has been read by any of the recipients. Everytime I press the "send" button, a few seconds later, I receive a return receipt one by one. (Should have posted advertisements in my e-mails and earn a few "bucks" on the side. hehehe!) Anyway, in order to be discreet, upon taking the available seat, I immediately sent an SMS message to an officemate to check on the contract and other related documents which I can use as a reply to the e-mail I read that morning. Then, I brought my attention on the ongoing discussion. (Wheee!)

Back to my desk, my e-mail-novela, with new protagonists/antagonists, is now in the works. Am not sure if I write incoherently or my "antagonist" is slow in the taking, for she should have noticed that my three replies in our exchange of e-mails have the same content but different presentation. I do believe that even a five-year old would have understood what I am saying... hehehehe! The e-mail-novela took the whole day, until we have to elevate our issues to our bosses. My advantage? Her boss is on leave that day and I have already "beat her to the punch".

...YIN

To cap the day off, I met my friend from Canada (with our other friends) after office. Strolled around Glorietta, picked a few odds and ends at Goldcrest, a late merienda at Sugarhouse... all the time updating each other of little news about ourselves.

Hmmm... I guess, the day just turned out to be promising.

...YANG

4 Comments:

At 3/22/2005 11:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhmm,so your motto would be "better late than sit with her?"hehehehe,well,ganon po talaga ang buhay we couldn't expect the unexpected,,,meron ba nun?nakabawi ka nman after office hour eh,di ka nman eat ng bawal?rac

 
At 3/23/2005 01:27:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

ngek! bigla akong nalito dun, ah! bukod sa i-twist yung "motto", nagsabi pa ng "we couldn't expect the unexpected". hehehe! parang ang tamang statement (from CSI's Grissom) ay "expect the unexpected"... c",)

yup-yup! enjoy po yung after office. at hindi po sumakit ang tiyan ko... ;)

 
At 3/23/2005 09:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha....finally, an entry abt your beloved "ofc bespweh" its really amusing to think that there are people like her. well, i guess she's the spice of your life. hahaha...;-)

 
At 3/23/2005 10:49:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

spice? kaya pala nau-ubo ako... c",)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home