Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Waterloo

Diet. Exercise. My waterloo.

The sickening feeling I have in my stomach for the past few days is brought about by "bad" foods. The problem is, the "bad" has its own "attraction". (And it not only goes for food...)

So, the foods I have to avoid are:
  • Chocolate (Waaahhhh! The number 1 culprit!)
  • Fatty meals
  • Coffee
  • Alcohol
  • Onions
  • Peppermint and spearmint
  • Tomato-based products
  • Beans

Aside from that, I have to...

  • Eat small, more frequent meals rather than large meals.
  • Lose weight, if over weight.
  • Don't exercise immediately after eating.
  • Avoid tight-fitting clothing, especially after meal.
  • Don't eat within two to three hours of going to bed.
  • Avoid late night snacks altogether, since lying down soon after eating will almost always worsen the problem.
  • Elevate the head of my bed four to six inches.

I should have tried harder; but, when I "reported" to my doctor during my follow-up check-up of what happened Sunday early morning because of my food binge last Saturday, she must have realized I am not comfortable her suggesting that I undergo endoscopy. (Of course!) So, she advised that if I keep "burping", have frequent "gas" attacks and stomach ache, I must see her again. And I think, this time, I'll no longer have an excuse... (hu! hu! hu!)

Guess, I have to improve my gastro-lifestyle. That means, the hearty meal I had for lunch at Teriyaki Boy in Glorietta (a birthday treat) would be my last food binge... for now. c",)

P.S. I was in Cloud 9 last night. I learned that some of the pictures I took was posted in ClickTheCity's City Shots.

4 Comments:

At 3/30/2005 10:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

daming bawal?grabe,(parang sakin alang bawal?)kasi naman po di nakinig sa payo ni dok,tapos porket me bday eh sinabakan din ng kain,,,,
super nga excitment mo eh,lahat ng alam mo na ids sa internet binalitaan mo,hehehehehe,congrats again,ala bang treat?promise di ako ask ng bawal na fuds,

 
At 3/30/2005 11:17:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

hehehe! opo.. kung ano yung masarap, yun yung bawal. :p

excited? nde naman po... kasi, nde lang sa YM ako nag-iwan ng msg, nagtxt din ako sa mga kakilala ko. pati sa ofis, pinakita ko yung site. di ba, nde excited ang ganun? c",)

 
At 3/31/2005 07:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe...welcome to the dieting world. :-( sobrang hirap. pero i'm sure you can handle it. self control lang yan.

congrats po ulit for the great pics posted at click in the city. keep it up girl! sabi ko syo kaya mo yun eh. ;-)

 
At 3/31/2005 09:25:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

ngek! ang problem po, wala sa dictionary ko ang salitang DIET... to top that, wala pang CHOCOLATES?!

hehe! teynks po sa congrats... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home