Saturday, April 02, 2005

Inevitable

She must have a gift of foresight... or the "power of suggestion" is at work... but since my visit last Wednesday, I can't seem to stop burping. Even a few nibble here and there, expect to hear a "burp!". What makes matters worse, a sore throat is forthcoming. This prompted me to visit her today. Alas, I have to do the inevitable this coming Tuesday!

I was reading the write-up given to me by my doctor, and I naturally zoomed-in on this portion...

"Risks

"Endoscopy can result in complication such as reactions to medication, perforation (tear) of the intestine, and bleeding. These complications are very rare (less than 1/1000), but may require urgent treatment, and even operation. The possibility of complication is greater than when the endoscope is used to apply treatment. Be sure to inform us if you have any pain, black tarry stools, or troublesome vomiting in the hours or days after endoscopy."

Hope everything turns out well for me on Tuesday...

Watched The Pacifier. The movie is funny with some cute scenes. Definitely helped keep my mind off the inevitable... c",)



The Inevitable. I was at Makati Medical Center around 12:30PM, one-and-a-half hours earlier from the scheduled endoscopy procedure. Anyway, we proceeded to the hospital's Endoscopy Unit around 1PM. 1:30PM, I was already lying on a bed with dextrose attached to my right arm in the Recovery Room of the Unit. Snore to the left of me, snore to the right of me, snore to the top of me... Now, I felt like a soldier! (hehehe!)

My doctor arrived 1:45PM. Around 2PM, I am being wheeled to an inner room of the Endoscopy Unit. Don't know what really happened. But when I came to, I am already back in the recovery room. I even asked one of the nurses when I woke up if the procedure is finish... That must be one heck of a sleep! (LOL)

My doctor left instructions to the nurses because I was still asleep. But just in time, as I was leaving the Endoscopy Unit, she called. (That was nice of her!) She told me that the result is positive (uh-oh!), I have a virus and "scarring" (?) of my stomach's linings. Anyway, I'll learn more once I see her tomorrow...

(Tuesday, April 5, 2005, 5:21PM)



The Verdict. The result is positive... positive for the H. Pylori bacteria. This bacteria can cause several diseases like gastritis, peptic ulcer, cancer of the stomach, lymphoma, etc. Treatment of strong combination of antibiotics was given to me plus proton pump inhibitor to fight the bacteria.

According to my doctor, the upper portion of the stomach (near the esophagus) is reddish. The lining of my stomach has weakened and has become thin.


Digestive System (from http://www.cindys-friends.com) Posted by Hello

Hope the treatment works. And hopefully, I'll be able to control myself from "bad" foods... :(

(Wednesday, April 6, 2005, 10:08PM)

4 Comments:

At 4/04/2005 08:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww girl! that's sad to hear. i hope everything turns out alright. i'll be praying for your speedy recovery. ;-) ingat na kse sa food na kinakain okey. :-)

 
At 4/04/2005 03:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kala ko "endoscopy"eh yun ang prosess na gagawin sa yo?yun pala ang sakit?very rare naman pala eh,so you have nothing to worry,sunod kasi sa payo ni dok,hilig kasi sa bawal eh,"pacifier?"uhmm,maganda nga daw kaso di ko pa watch eh,rac

 
At 4/04/2005 07:31:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

SEL-->Teynks po. Hay, naku! Basta food, hirap i-control lalo na kung peborit mo... :(

RAC-->Tama po, yung endoscopy yung procedure na gagawin po sa akin para makita laman ng stomach ko. Yan po napapala ng mahilig kumain ng chocolate!!! Waaaahhhh!!!

 
At 4/16/2005 02:05:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

salamat po sa ginintuang payo... you should know, talking from experience. c",)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home