Monday, June 27, 2005

Ghostly Prank?

This day proved unproductive...

While updating a document, whenever I press the "tab" key, instead of going to the next column or next field, the other window becomes active. Simply irritating...

Trying to do my thing, the document suddenly scrolls by itself! I haven't even touched the mouse. And this occured not only once!

Actually, this already happened last Friday. Reported it to an engineer, thinking that my PC has a virus. He came and ran two anti-virus software. Since my PC is rather slow, have to leave it open over the weekend for it to finish scanning... c",)

This morning, the anti-virus softwares did not detect any virus. But the computer is worse. I can't continue with the work I am doing! Just to get me going, shared the documents I am working on and used another PC to update them. And my PC being attacked by poltergeist? I tried running the free virus scan of Trend Micro and McAfee from the internet, just in case the anti-virus used by the engineer is not updated. Still, no virus!

The engineer arrived late in the afternoon. Even he is puzzled. He checked the programs installed in my PC (because I suggested that maybe a spyware is the cause of all of it), deleted the cookies, temporary files, etc. Finally, as a last resort, he tried replacing the mouse with the office-provided mouse. Oooppsss! My (personal) optical mouse is a goner!

(When I left for home, passed by a computer shop to buy myself a mouse with a scrollwheel. My pointing finger is flying all over, looking for that scrollwheel! Bought an A4 Tech (basic) scrollwheel mouse. Must be the result of the engineer's hint that they do not deploy optical mouse. There must be reasons for it!)

2 Comments:

At 6/29/2005 08:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah. kaya pala quiet ang beauty mo nung isang araw. i thought you were swamped with your usual meetings again kaya di na kita kinulit. ;-) well, kasalanan ata ng optical mouse mo. wehhh...:-)

 
At 6/29/2005 09:10:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

hehehe! mukhang napagod na yung (optical) mouse, kaya nag-strike sya...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home