Wednesday, December 28, 2005

World Pyro Olympics: Day Three

My plan to leave the office exactly 5PM this week was broken. An emergency meeting was called. Thus, left the office around 6PM. Ergo, my plan to be at The Esplanade by 6:30PM is impossible. Wanted to be at the venue early so I can position myself a vantage point for the fireworks display.

Click on the image to see a bigger picture

Russia

United Kingdom

When I arrived home, I learned that Manong was doing an errand for my brother. Thus, it was my brother who drove us to the venue. hehehe! It took me less than 30 minutes to change, eat dinner and pack my gear. This time, we are five in the group who would be watching Russia and United Kingdom do their stuff.

At the venue, the seawall is already full of people. Walked by it to see if I can still cram myself in the crowd. Good thing, a family agreed that I share their space. Thus, set-up my gear in time for the first fireworks show at 8PM.

In between shows, spent time chatting with each other and with our new found friends. My nephew, with his friends, also arrived to see the show. It is only when we are about to leave that we learned that the mother of the family who kindly shared their space knows my brother who used to work at Wyeth, Philippines.

While waiting for Manong to pick us up, we ate at Icebergs in Blue Wave. We were already seated at the table when in comes my nephew and his friends who also decided to eat there. Small world. hehehe! c",)

My ranking so far? Australia, United Kingdom, Russia.

5 Comments:

At 12/29/2005 10:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at talagang kinarir mo ito friendship ha. ;-)

talaga galing wyeth bro mo? galing din wyeth svp namin dito. ask mo if he knows tess castillo. comptroller din ata sya dun. small world indeed. :-)

happy new year to you and your family. cheers to a better 2006! mwahh

 
At 12/29/2005 01:14:00 PM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

paano naman po, ang galing ng pinakita nung Australia nung first day. tuloy, mae-engganyo ka tingnan kung matatauban yun nung ibang participants. isa pa, dami ko na ngayon ganda pics ng fireworks. hehehe!

sige po, ia-ask ko.

happy 2006! c",)

 
At 12/29/2005 02:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tita! Nauna na ako sayo... tinanong ko na si Papa. Hehehe!!!

Sabi niya, siya daw yung Industrial Engineering Manager noon under Serge Abcede. Kumare niya si Patty Magdaraog. Si Tess Castillo naman was with the admin division ^ ____ ^

 
At 12/30/2005 01:57:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

Ang bilis! :P

 
At 1/02/2006 07:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow thanks Pam. ;-) Manang mana ka talaga sa tita mo. Pro-active. hehehe...Happy New Year to all! mwahhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home