Monday, December 11, 2006

Meet Fifi (FIghting FIsh)

Gifts are trickling in. Received a fish as a gift from my kumpare and kumare. Since I like blue, they gave me a blue fighting fish in a blue container. c",) Now, I call her FIFI (for FIghting FIsh). They gave our other friends the same kind of fish but of a different color--there's red (in a red container) and there's blue-green (in a green container).

Blue Fighting Fish
I kidded my kumpare and told him, "Magbibigay ka lang ng regalo, alagain pa." (Translation: Of all, you have to give a gift I have to take care of.) At least, his gift is complete with food pellets. Hehehe!

His instruction: give two to three food pellets daily and change the water once a week.

I remember when I also received hamsters as a gift. Have to hold them once a day so I can tame them. Even bought food, playthings, etc. I guess, they are intelligent creatures for, one day, they are no longer in their cage. I wonder if they were able to lift their cage's door open?



Fifi is a MALE! Surfed the internet and learned that the fighting fish, also known as Betta Siamese Fighting Fish, of the male species have a wide array of color, from royal blue to purple to brilliant scarlet red. While the female bettas are drab and brown. They are called fighting fish as the males will fight to death if placed in the same tank.

2 Comments:

At 12/12/2006 08:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww this is nice. it's like playing a tamagotchi game, only yours is real. hehehe..san mo lagay sa ofc o sa room mo?

 
At 12/14/2006 07:56:00 AM, Blogger ~GFA~ said...

hehehe! gawin ba namang parang tamagotchi... sa office po. c",)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home