Saturday, July 12, 2014

Exploring Binondo

Would have a photo walk (plus food trip) at Binondo with Tilak Hettige at the helm.  Have already asked my officemates who already had a food trip in the same area and got from them the places to eat and what (food suggestions).  Initially, Tilak wanted to do the photo walk at Roxas Boulevard (again!) and told him I will send the invite but I will not join.  That's four (4) times already of photo walks there.

Was the first to arrive at Plaza Lorenzo Ruiz, in front of the Minor Basilica of St. Lorenzo Ruiz (also known as Binondo Church).  Sam and Tilak followed suit.  Now, to wait for the rest of the "explorers".



Before starting the photo walk (my intention really is for a food trip LOL), Tilak gave a talk to the "explorers", giving tips on what and how to take photos.  And of course, our first stop is breakfast at Cafe Mezzanine.  This restaurant was featured in CNN as a place to try.  Also, the income generated by this establishment is given to the fire volunteers.


Ordered Gokong Soup (a.k.a Soup No. 5), Kiampong and Xiao Lang Bao, as suggested by server Yolanda.  The food is really a "storm".  (wink)  #ThumbsUp   Unfortunately, the food is good, which made me full for the other food stops I intend to try.  Even Tilak said he fell in love with the place.

After which, the group left to take photos.  Was able to take a few.  Bought fried siopao at Shanghai Fried Siopao.  Must be their specialty.  Weh!

The group is supposed to meet at Tasty Dumplings in Masangkay Street around 10AM.  Tried their fried and steamed dumplings (have to given the name of the restaurant) and their winter melon juice.  They are also known for their pork chop rice but I don't think I'll be able to eat more.

Before parting ways, Tilak again gave a talk and tips.  Stopped at Eng Bee Tin to buy hopia.

Dropped my gear at home, change clothes and went to Glorietta.  But first, passed by Pet Express to buy dog food for my dog and my nephew's.

Checked what was being shown in the cinemas.  Don't feel like watching.  So, window-shopped.  While going to the rest room, almost (literally) bumped into a friend.  Even had a quick snap with her with my Instax.  Hehe!

Attended the anticipated Mass and we had dinner at New Bombay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home