Saturday, April 18, 2015

Worry

Was advised that Nana's pulmonologist wanted to talk to me.  So went to San Juan de Dios Hospital to see him.  He's very good as he explained to us Nana's status.  Even gave his opinion about Nana's operation.  But what started me worrying is about tuberculosis (TB).  We knew that Nana's operation was put on hold due to pulmonary hypertension.  But tuberculosis?  Nana and I share the same room.  What if I caught the bacteria?  What is really worrying is that Nana used to have TB; and if she did not complete it, it can recur and maybe hard to cure.  And the strain she might infect will be the same.  I pray that it is not TB else many in our household might already be infected.

Then went to Pet Express to buy Tsubasa's dog food.  Went to The Landmark to buy more items for Nana (adult diaper, adult wipes, Goldilocks mamon).  But Vangie, Edgar and I first had lunch at The Landmark's food court.  Then we went to Mercury Drug to buy surgical mask (for Nana and her niece), surgical gloves.  Vangie and Edgar will be bringing back the items to the hospital.

Originally, we were planning that Nana sleep in the sala (we do not have a bedroom downstairs) as it is easier for her to get around while she is recovering.  Also will have a bed made for her because the sofa is leatherette and is rather hot when you lay down. But with the possibility of TB, decided that she would be staying in Paolo's old room.  Vangie supervised its cleaning and already asked Dodong to make the bed.

Since I have an old TV, will bring it to that room.  Decided to buy the ABS-CBN TVplus so that the TV will have good local reception.  I wonder, aside from the fan, is an air cooler advisable for a person with TB?  From what I read (and believe me, been searching the internet about it), good ventilation is necessary.  The air flow should not be from the patient to the caregiver.

Was planning to watch The Duff.  Unfortunately, I was 30 minutes late to the screening I wanted for I do not want to be late for the anticipated Mass.  So, just window-shopped.

Attended the anticipated Mass and had dinner at Bistro Ravioli.

During the Mass, I started worrying as I feel I suddenly have a sore throat that has a phlegm.  And what is surprising, the priest who gave his blessing before he ended the Mass said that there are people in the congregation who looks OK but actually have problems worrying them.  Is it God's way of saying to me that everything would be OK?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home