Friday, June 01, 2018

A Tragic Day

Going to the office, my back ached.  Since I have a lot to do that day, decided to still go to the office instead of go back home.  I should have known...

Around 3PM, my Kuya (older brother) called.  Our house is being gutted by fire!  Then, our "angel" Lyn also called doing the same thing.  Then, my niece Camille.  Immediately left and tried to get a Grab driver.

It's as if time is a stand still and it is taking a long time for the Grab car to arrive.  While on the way, informed the driver about the fire.  My cousin called and offered their house for us to stay.  I accepted.  Almost near the house, we can no longer proceed; thus, was dropped off at the gas station.  Was trying to pay him but he politely declined.  Thank you!

It was too late.  I can already see the rooms are black and the roof is no longer there.  It seemed the house caught fire from the ceiling, where the fire started at a neighbour's house.  All the things on the second floor were burned.  We have to go through the first floor but I don't think we can use the appliances given they all got wet.





One of the firemen approached me and informed that they found a vault on the second floor.  They brought it down.  It was not actually a vault by my dry box!  All my high-end cameras and lenses are in it.

When it is safe to go up, my niece Pamela decided to go up with one of the firemen and took pictures.  Then, my other niece Camille went up with the fireman hoping to salvage anything she can find.  She is truly an angel.  She was able to get a lot of things for me.

Since it already getting dark, we decided to call it a day.  Camille is driving with our "angels" Lyn and Vanie plus the two dogs, Tsubasa and Theo.  Edgar is driving with me and Pam.  First stop is at The Landmark to buy clothes for us--we were not able to save anything (including our "angels" since they carried the dogs).  Good thing the store is on sale.  We also went to SM Makati (Shoemart) who happens to close at 12 midnight and is on sale.  Before proceeding to Sucat, Paranaque for my cousin's house, stopped at McDonald's to have our very, very late dinner.

Pamela, Camille and I would be using my niece Monica's room (while she would be staying at her parent's room).

Thank God no one was hurt.  And thanks too for the angels here on earth who is willing to help us.




Learned that night, firemen went twice trying to enter the property because according to them something re-ignited inside the house.  The Corporation already provided security guard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home